Dyal Singh Public School has a spacious library well stocked with about 15,000 books with the number increasing with each passing year. The library has sections ranging from text books and reference books to fiction and general knowledge. There are a variety of books available for students of all levels on various subjects, literature, travel etc. the school subscribes newspapers and magazines to enable students to gain knowledge and develop interest in reading.
The students are encouraged to read good books to widen their interests and extend their mental horizon. Around 30 weekly and monthly magazines and 3 English and 2 Hindi Newspapers are available. The young scholars can refer to this storehouse of knowledge to cater for their intellectual pursuits.
- All students of the school are members of the library
- A student can borrow only one book at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
- Marking, underlining or writing on library books is strictly forbidden.
- Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any student. These can be read only in the library room.
- If the books are not returned within a specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
- The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
- In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the full price of the book.
- A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.
- Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library
- Issue of books for home use – Each student would be issued two books at a time for a period of one week. Staff members would be issued maximum five books at a time for a maximum period of one fortnight.
- Reissue of books by a user may be allowed maximum twice more after first issue.
- Newly purchased books should not be issued to any user for at least one month but will be displayed separately as new arrivals.
- Issue of subject reference books – Only subject reference books from reference section would be issued for home use on those days when the successive day is a holiday. The book will have to be returned on the next working day. Dictionaries, Encyclopedias etc would not be issued.
- In case a user loses a book he/she would have to either replace the book or deposit three times the price of the book in the library.