DSPS Level 1 Consequence
Processing : Processing is a short time-out out of the classroom where the student does somereflective writing about the choices he/she has made and how those choicesimpact the learning in the classroom.
- Processingis assigned when a student has not responded to a teacher’s directive or redirection.
- Studentsprocessed more than twice in one week will be assigned a Lunch Detention.
- Studentswho misbehave or are disrespectful during the processing step are choosing totrade a ten minute time-out for a Lunch Detention.
Lunch Detention : Lunch detention is served during a student’s regular lunch period and may beassigned by teachers or any other staff member.
- Parentsor guardians will be notified when their child is assigned a lunchdetention.
- Studentsin lunch detention are to remain quiet and follow the directions of the lunchdetention supervisor.
- Studentswho misbehave or are disrespectful during the lunch detention step are choosingto trade a lunch detention for a 60 minute after school detention.
After School Detention : After school detention may be assigned when processing and lunchdetention have already been tried or when the behaviour is more extreme andwarrants a greater consequence.
- Parentsor guardians will be notified when their child is assigned an after schooldetention.
- Afterschool detention runs daily for one hour after the dismissal bell.
- Studentsare responsible for arranging their own transportation home after detention.
- Studentswho misbehave or are disrepectful during the lunch detention step are choosingto trade a 60 minute after school detention for a Level TwoConsequence.
DSPS Level 2 Consequences
In School Suspension (ISS) :
A student in ISS is temporarily removed from the regular classroom for aspecified amount of time, generally one to three days.
Parents or guardians will be notified when their child is assigned to ISS.
Students assigned to ISS may not participate in extra-curricular activities (includingsports) on the day(s) they are in ISS.
Out of School Suspension (OSS) :
There are two types of OSS –
Short term – 6 days or less
Long term – up to 12 days
During an OSS,students are not allowed on DSPS’s campus.